Monday, January 23, 2012

What A Fool Believes

Most music from the 1970's (and some disco-related stuff from the early 80's) is on my "I can't stand that song" list.  But as the years went on, the Doobie Brothers' sound morphed more into that 80's sound which I like.  This is useful because I can tell people, like my older brother Jeremy, that I like similar groups as them, even if I only like a few of the groups' later songs.  :)

What A Fool Believes ... by The Doobie Brothers

I picked this song for today because I was a "fool" to "believe" that we would be able to get everything done today that we intended to do.  Mondays are my "other" weekend day off (I work Tuesday through Saturday) and we always have a list of things to do that are a mile long.

But ... this song also brings back memories of my youth, when my family lived in Orem, Utah.  For some reason, every time I hear this tune I am taken back to the living room of that house and I can see the Edwards' (our neighbors at the time) big tree in their front yard, with cars driving by on the road between our houses.  The sun is shining.  Our parakeet is chirping in the background.  And my mom is dancing in the kitchen while making lunch.  Good times!  :)

...

No comments:

Post a Comment