Sunday, January 22, 2012

Fix You

I will NEVER forget the first time I heard this version of this song.  My wife had bought tickets to see SNC (Straight No Chaser) live here in Colorado Springs, CO.  Of course the concert itself was amazing, but most of it was high-energy and relatively loud.  Then all of a sudden, the singers formed a 3/4 circle and the lights dimmed.  A purple hue set the backdrop for a "change of pace."  In near darkness the group sang this song, at a much softer, slower, more reverent pace than anything else they had done that night.  It gave me CHILLS !!!

Fix You ... by Straight No Chaser

The original version of this song was written and performed by Coldplay, but this a capella version makes the words and music more beautiful in my humble opinion.  "I will try.  (Tears stream)  I will try.  (Down on your face)  I promise you (I will try) I will learn from my mistakes.  And I will fix you.  Lights will guide you home."

BONUS SONG:
Like A Prayer ... by SNC
I was still reveling in the amazing music of that night when I came across this version of the Madonna classic on the group's official website.  It totally changed my view of that song, with a similar choice to slow it down and emphasize the tune with more of a spiritual sound.  Just amazing!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment