Wednesday, January 4, 2012

In My Dreams

This morning I woke up feeling terrible for two reasons:
First, I am sick!  Bleagh!  I hate colds!
Second, I had at least one terrible dream (in which my wife decided she was no longer in love with me).

And therein lies the motivation behind today's song ...
In My Dreams by REO Speedwagon

Although this song is over 25 years old, I only heard it for the first time about a year ago.  I immediately liked it, even though it is actually a sad song about unrequited love.  The tune is upbeat and the slow pounding of drums at the beginning and end remind me of a heartbeat.  The chorus is quite catchy too and I always find myself singing along with the band.

Here's hoping your dreams (and mine for that matter) have a positive ending!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment