Friday, January 20, 2012

Every Now And Then

This song is both a Friday Flashback and a great Country music tune.  Of course Garth Brooks has come and gone (although I hear he has signed on to perform in Las Vegas for many years to come), but there was a time when he OWNED everything in country music AND gained quite a bit of popularity among Top 40 music fans ... in case you might have forgotten those days!

Every Now And Then ... by Garth Brooks

I could have easily done several "six-packs" of GB songs, but this song has always been one of my favorites of his many popular tunes.  I don't have any "regrets" at all about my wife or my love for her, but this song doesn't just have to be about romantic love.  When I listen to this tune I like to think about many different memories I have from times gone by.
"And when the song was over I said play it again" summarizes my measurement of GREAT music.  If it can take you back to a specific place or event to the extent that you want to hear it several times in a row to linger on those memories ... well then, that's a truly great song!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment