Monday, January 9, 2012

Pico De Gallo

Some music is just plain silly.

That doesn't mean it isn't good, just that it is truly silly.

Trout Fishing in America is a band (duo) that my mom actually came across and shared with me over a decade ago.  I have no clue how she discovered them, but some of their songs have become favorites of mine.  The story goes that they tried to make it in the music biz, but had little success ... that is until they started doing children's songs, etc.

One of my favorite songs they do is called ... Pico De Gallo ... and it is, in fact, an ode to that tasty concoction, which they explain how to make in the song!

The words are silly (especially being "down on the bayou, with Venus De Milo, watching Hawaii 5-0"), but they also make sense.  The vocals are simple two-part harmony, but I find it impossible not to sing along to the chorus!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment