Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Shine

Yesterday was a CRAZY BUSY day.  Between work meetings, running the Pinewood Derby for my son's scout pack, and leading my church team to a victory on the basketball court I felt like I was "in the spotlight" way more than I ever prefer to be.  That was the story behind this song selection for today.

Shine ... by Collective Soul

I don't listen to much "hard rock" but not because I don't like it.  I just usually prefer a more mellow sound for the sorts of activities I'm involved in more regularly nowadays.  But this song has a nice edge to it and always seems to motivate me to put my best effort forth.  I cannot really even understand most of the words of the song, but when I feel like I'm on a stage I often think "Heaven let your light shine down."  I hope I can let my light shine in a way that provides some inspiration to those around me ... just maybe not with as much anger as this singer is portraying.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment