Thursday, January 5, 2012

All Your Life

I enjoy country music but I have plenty of friends who have no appreciation for it whatsoever.  That's fine, but I think they are missing out on some seriously good songs with their disdain for that genre.

One of my favorite recent country songs is by The Band Perry.  No, not "If I Die Young," which was already overplayed on country radio before it became a huge crossover hit.  I actually don't like that song much at all.

But I love ... "All Your Life" ... which (at the moment) is their newest single.

Yes it is a love song.  Yes it is a little cliche in that the woman is only asking to be loved by some man that doesn't seem to even know she exists.  So what?!  The music is a simple arrangement and yet very beautiful.  And the resounding li-i-i-ife portions of the chorus are hypnotic and impossible not to sing along with.

My advice?  Don't hate on country music or you'll miss out on some of the best stuff out there!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment