Monday, January 30, 2012

Fine By Me

One of the potential recurring themes I have considered for this blog is a New Music Monday kind of idea.  The problem with this is that, as a blog, within just a few weeks or months, those songs that were once "New Music" are now ... old.  That said, I think it best to give it the old college try anyway so ...

Fine By Me ... by Andy Grammer

One of the first things that I noticed about this song is that the bass line of the song sounds very familiar.  I can't put my finger on it but that is not a new bass line.  That's probably the first reason I liked the song ... but then I listened to the lyrics and began to appreciate the message of the song (or at least my interpretation of it).  This guy is going through the process of convincing himself that he actually really does love this girl he is with.  By the end of the song his "fine by me" statement is more about a future life together and not just an "eh, this relationship is just okay" sort of mentality.

I just think ... when my wife stands next to me that
I have "FINE" by me!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment