Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Glory Of Love

This song is a two-fer because it's both "from a movie" and "linked to a memory" for me personally.

Glory Of Love ... by Peter Cetera

If you don't remember Karate Kid then you must not have lived in the 80's!  Ralph Macchio was "it" at the time and this song was from the second movie, where he falls in love with an asian girl ... and then fights to defend her honor and show his love for her, etc.


The "memory" for me on this one actually comes from years later at a church dance.  There was a girl I really liked (at the time) and she didn't even know I existed (or so I thought).  I had never asked her to dance but finally worked up the courage to do so when this song began to play.  She said yes and we danced ... and that's about the end of the story.  :)  I wasn't even 16 yet so we didn't "date" or anything, but that moment still sticks out in my memory whenever I hear this song.  Weird.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment