Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Hey Mama

Many times when I come home from work I get to hear about how my sweet wife has had to hear some variation of the title of this song ALL DAY LONG !!!  Today was one of those days and, as usual, my heart goes out to her when it's been like that.

Unfortunately, I still have a responsibility to run church basketball games on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings (and I have Boy Scouts on Tuesdays from 7-9pm) so I couldn't do anything to lighten her load.

Hey Mama ... by Mat Kearney

This song is one of my kids favorites to dance along with, but it's not really about my wife (except that the title is "Hey Mama" and that's one of dozens of names she gets called on those long days of being a mom.)  I love the clapping that is just a part of the backbeat to the song.  In fact, all of the songs I have heard by this artist have a sort of "I wrote this while hanging out on the corner with my friends" kind of feel to them.

I love you Pretty Lady!
You're an amazing mom, ma, mother, mama, mommy,
mo-o-o-om ... and an even better beautiful, loving wife!

...

No comments:

Post a Comment