Monday, February 6, 2012

On My Way Home

Time for a "Memory Monday" post ... which will also double as my last Caribbean Cruise-related post.  That's right, today we're on the way back to Colorado Springs, CO from the eastern coast of Florida.

On My Way Home ... by Enya

The "memory" here is from my missionary days in Los Angeles, CA (all the way on the other coast of the United States).  This song had come out just before I went on my mission (late 1995) and I knew it would be one of my theme songs for the last month or so of that two-year mission.  Indeed, I listened to it almost every night that last month, as I prepared to return "to the world" from my spiritual sabbatical.

I like the lyrics "On my way home, I'll remember ... all the best days."  I have reflected on those words many times in my life, especially when I have been away from "home" for a few days or more.  Travelling is fun and provides great memories and experiences, but coming home is great in its own way too.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment